Saturday, July 17, 2010

And we're off....

well, by 11pm tonight we will be off; to Black Mountain, NC. that is. We are embarking on a trip with the Prattville YMCA Leaders' Club to a conference at the YMCA Blue Ridge Assembly called Christian Values Conference.
Every year we usually make this trip to NC it is for a conference called Blue Ridge Leaders' School. It is basically a week long school (literally, they have classes and periods) to help develop all kinds of leadership qualities and attributes amoung teenagers. All Leaders' Clubs with participating YMCA's around the southeast usually come to this school, totaling about 600-700 kids.
This year, we did not attend the Blue Ridge Leaders' School and are looking forward to this Christian Values Conference. The Montgomery YMCA is THE organizer of this conference. This will be the first time the Prattville YMCA and the Montgomery YMCA will be attending this conference together. FUN TIMES!
I have attached a link here

http://www.ymcacvc.org/

In case anyone reading this is curious about this conference.

Working with teenagers has definitely been an eye opener for me. First of all, I would have never thought that I would be working with/ministering to a group of teens, EVER! I know how I was when I was a teenager and when I first joined Aric in working we these teens, I was terrified! The Lord really helped me to overcome my fears and as of right now, it has been over a year since I started with Leaders' Club and I feel like I really have been blessed by this experience. Not only have I learned a lot about myself but I have also learned a lot about teenagers these days. (makes me feel real old sometimes)

Oh! Yes, if you noticed in the opening sentence, I mentioned we would be leaving at 11pm. That is NO typo. We will meet up with the Montgomery YMCA kids at 10-10:30, at which time we will board one of two charter buses and then depart at 11pm! Did i mention that it is about an 8 hour bus ride? We will be arriving early in the morning and hopefully be somewhat rested. The ride back will be the same way. I am praying this trip goes as smoothly as possible. We will be taking Savannah and some friends of ours will be taking their 22 month old. 7 month pregnant lady, 2 toddlers and a bus full of teens (with some adults chaperoning) traveling in the middle of the night will make for an interesting trip. Please say a prayer for us, not only for safe travels but for the teenagers that will be attending this conference. I am praying that God will reveal himself to them and show them greater things. (about His kingdom and His will in their lives)

Have a fun and safe week everyone!

God Bless!

Emily

No comments: