Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spring weather and a few other warm thoughts

How about this beautiful weather? I wish it was like this year round. The problem with that is, I would never get anything done because I would want to be outside all the time! I must say, this warmer weather will perk up anyone's spirits and give you that much needed encouragement to lose those pesky pounds you've been storing all winter. (preaching to myself here)
As my thoughts wander to an image of a slimmer self, I digress. I am going to enjoy this weather and make the most of it. Before we know it, it may be snowing again...hey, it is Alabama we're talking about here!

Some exciting news to share...Savannah has been going potty lately, A LOT! While she is still not 100% potty trained, she is making big steps in the right direction. Aric and I decided we wouldn't push potty training too hard but, since she has been showing major interest, we decided we needed to start being consistent and start encouraging her more. The cutest thing is, and I'm sure only a parent would appreciate this, but, she will get SO EXCITED after she does her business. I LOVE IT and can't help but to get excited with her. I like to make a big deal out of it so I pull out all the happiness that you can get from singing, to dancing even cheering. Can any other parent's relate to this? Please say yes and make me feel better :)

Thomas is getting bigger by the day and cuter ;)
Last night I gave the kids a bath togeher and it was the cutest thing to watch them. Thomas really likes to study Savannah a lot and Savannah loves to entertain Thomas. At one point in time during bath time, Thomas started splashing in the baby tub which I put in the big tub with Savannah, and both of them, at the same exact time, started to laugh. Thomas had his cute little baby squeak of a laugh and Savannah had her sweet toddler cackle. It just warmed my heart to hear that and all the sleepless nights and moments of defiance quickly melted away.
Some recent accomplishments of "the boy", as Aric and I like to call him, are that he has rolled over and is continuing to do so on a daily basis and he is not doing too bad in sitting up by himself. Aric reminded me this morning that Thomas will 6 months old in two weeks! Time to start planning his first birthday...j/k!

Valentine's Day was just another day around our house. We never really do much of anything and I am ok with that. Aric surprised me by taking me to lunch at Ala Thai, one of my favorites! The sweet part about that is, Aric CANNOT stand Thai food. He managed to hold down some pad thai but in the end, probably left there starving because I know he did not enjoy it at all. Oh the sweet things my hubby does for me. He adores me and I am so undeserving of it.


We have some other exciting news to share...NO, we are NOT pregnant! Don't get me wrong, if God blessed us again with another child we would be thrilled but, we are praying that he blesses us with something else right now, like.....a house! I don't want to speak too soon but, if all goes well, then we will have a house built in Prattville. This is something we have been in prayer over for a long time. We are busting at the seams in this house Aric bought way before I even met him. While I am grateful to have this house we are in now, a lot of our lifestyle is happening in Prattville and this decision to move has been in the works for some time now. Prayers are coveted right now as we embark on this new journey.

Well folks, that is it for now. I could really blog all day about many useless things but who has time for that? ;)

Now, lets all get out and enjoy this weather! (happy dance, happy dance)

Emily

1 comment:

The Brooks Bunch said...

Yay Savannah and Yay Mommy and Daddy!!!!