Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Trip to the doctor

We took Savannah to the doctor today because she has been really congested the past 10 days. (she weighs 16lbs 1 oz!)They did an RSV test and it came back negative. THANK GOD! She just has a bit of head cold. The doctor listened to her heart and checked her ears. He said she looked and sounded fine. He prescribed her some decongestant medicine. It may or may not work but it's worth a shot. I am going to pick that up this afternoon. Other than that this head cold will have to work its way out on its own. Savannah seems very happy, she doesn't seem at all bothered by this "yuckiness" as I like to call it. She loves to smile and laugh. She likes her exersaucer so much these days, I can leave her in it for an hour and she will be content.
Her six month check up will be towards the end of May. That visit will be just a routine well check up. I am really looking forward to this check up because we should be getting the green light for rice cereal and other baby foods. I am very interested in pureeing her baby food. I hear it is a lot better and cheaper. It also does not take up a lot of time. I cannot wait for these next milestones coming up. She is growing so fast and you better believe I DO NOT take any day for granted.
Have a wonderful day everyone!

Love,
Emily

No comments: