Monday, March 5, 2012

Getting Settled In

Allright you faithful blog readers, February was a busy month! This post will be quite lengthy...hang in there!


Since my last post in January, I mentioned that I needed to decorare our new home. (WELL,I still have yet to decorate our new home. :( I know, I know, you're probably thinking, what in the world does she do in all of her spare time? Oh, you'd be surprised! I have been looking at stuff (online and in stores) trying to get ideas, chasing two very busy children, cleaning, cooking, traveling, sleeping, exercising.....I always thought once we moved in I would immediately want to/have to decorate and get everything just right. Well, I am far from having that Martha Stewart touch and quite frankly, I want to take my time. First of all, decorating costs money and if I am going to be spending money (even if it is gift cards to East Chase!) I want to make sure I get what we like and what suits our home. Second, Aric and I have very different tastes, so for me to just go out and buy stuff for the house I like, would be a very bad idea. Finally, between those two previous excuses, reasons, we are ok with having a simple home for now. By the way, we are thouroughly enjoying Prattville!

Savannah started her first ever gymnastics class at the Prattville YMCA. She already participates in the Big Green Bus at her school once a week, so thankfully, she already had some "experience" with gym stuff. The first day of class, she went right over and sat in the circle with the other children for roll call. She didn't even look back! I may have shed a tear. She is becoming so independent and excited to do everything
Among the other fun things she is doing, she is now the best back seat driver. She knows, Red means "stop, Yellow means "be careful" and Green means "go". And she will tell you that EVERY time we are in the car.
Savannah has come quite the singer and reader. At any given time, she is singing some sort of song she has learned in school or church and if she isn't singing, she is reading one of her MANY books. Aric and I both LOVE that.

Thomas, my sweet, sweet boy.....(insert and sigh and smile, here) He is so very busy. He started walking at Christmas is quickly working his way to running a marathon. It will be any day now, I just know it! He is such a smart baby but not nearly as independent as Savannah. He loves to be held and will not hesitate to let you know when he wants something. (I think he will let the whole neighborhood know.) He understands so much these days. He will be 18 months old March 3. We are now at the point where we can't use "oh, he's just a baby and doesn't know better" excuse. He KNOWS! Oh, does he know. We are working on that right now. :)

February also brought potential buyers for our old house. We were thrilled when someone came in and offered us full asking price! Of course, it was too good to be true! Shame on you! ;) Owner financing with A LOT of stipulations, stress and high blood pressure.(that was the deal in a nut shell) The deal fell through, but, I firmly believe, it was for the better. We are now discussing putting it on the rental market. It would be managed through our realtors agency and probably be what is best for us right now. I would have never thought this would be something I would want to do, but after much discussion and prayer, God is truly telling me to lean on Him. More to come to later and how that works out!


Here are a few pics of Savannah and Thomas in February.

First night of Gymnastics!
Honestly, the best picture I can get of this busy boy!
Forget to mention, we went to see Kirk Cameron speak in Montgomery. I was very starstruck!
This is Warren Barfield! AWESOME person! He is a GREAT singer also!








No comments: