Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Savannah!!

One year ago, our beautiful daughter, Savannah Claire Lobenstein, was born into this world. Just thinking about it and I get all teary eyed. This year has gone by so fast, it is not fair!
So much has happened this past year, I don't even know where to begin.
I remember when we brought her home from the hospital. It was just a whirlwind of emotions. I was excited, scared, happy, sad, nervous all balled up in one. I remember trying to nurse and what a challenge it was but how it also felt so sweet to have her right there next to me and the little sounds she made while she was eating. I remember when Aric had to go back to work and I was left alone with Savannah for the first time. The anxiety I had was so overwhelming but I have learned so much being able to stay at home with her. I remember when she first rolled over; I cried. I remember when she really started to sit up on her own, we were so proud. I remember when she first laughed, she looked so darn cute! I remember when she first started to reach out for her toys and play. I remember when we first dropped her off at the church nursery and how nervous I was. I remember so many things from this past year from little things she had done, to family and friends that have encouraged us. Being a parent is the most challenging and difficult task God has given me but WOW at the rewards! I am amazed every day at God's awesome wonder and how He works.
I don't always know what to do and a lot of the times I am wrong, while some times I am right.
I can proudly say, I have a 1 year old! (big smile on my face right now)
I am so excited for this day and look forward to many more years ahead of raising a child.


Happy Birthday Savannah Claire!
Mommy and Daddy love you so much, as well as so many other people that have come to know you. You have been such a blessing in our lives, and I can't wait to see what kind of Godly woman you will grow up to be. Your first birthday is so special and I hope one day to share great pictures with you on this special day. I pray Gods blessings on you today and always and that you will seek Him and follow his footsteps for the rest of your life.

I love you sweet Savannah,
Mommy

No comments: