Monday, November 23, 2009

Savannah's BEARY first birthday








It's official, we have successfully thrown our daughter her FIRST birthday party! I have to be honest, it got a little hectic. Our timing was a little off Saturday. We were in Prattville in the morning helping the leaders' with a canned food drive. We left Prattville with, what we thought, was enough time to get things ready. We still had to pick up the cake, let Savannah nap, feed her lunch, load the car, get the balloons blown up and be at the church by 1:00 to set everything up. It did not happen very smoothly because I didn't even get to the church until 1:40. (the party was supposed to start at 1:30) I was 10 minutes late to my own daughters birthday party!!
My husband and family did great by chipping in to help set up because everything looked wonderful. We had a table for the cakes (smash cake and adult cake) On that table we had pictures set up of sweet Savannah with a few teddy bears for decor. We also had bear shaped confetti, it was so cute! The food table also had the stuffed teddy bears with teddy bear confetti and signs labeling the food. The veggie tray was "the bear neccessities", the fruit bowl was "mixed bearies", we had teddy grahams, "strawbeary" kool aid and cubed cheese. The other tables for the guests had stuffed teddy bears on them with homemade bear shaped sugar cookies.
Savannah got A LOT of presents, way more than we expected. We are very thankful to all who came and those who couldn't but still had gifts or didn't have gifts, THANK YOU!!!
Her party was a lot of fun but A LOT of work. I definitely learned a lot so I will be more prepared the next time around, I hope ;)
We are getting professional 1 year portraits done tomorrow at Portrait Innovations. I will post some pics of that as soon as I can.
Thanks again to everyone for their well wishes and involvement in Savannah's life. I can't seem to say thank you enough.
God Bless and have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!

Love,
Emily

1 comment:

The Brooks Bunch said...

Aw! She did soooo good with her smash cake! You are so fun to have made it chocolate! The bear theme was precious. Good job Mama Emily--your little girl is beautiful!