Thursday, May 20, 2010

18 months old today!

Happy 18 Month Birthday Savannah!
My sweet little baby is growing up so fast, right before my eyes and I just can't believe it. She is doing so much and keeping me very busy. Here is a list of things she can do and words she can say.
Things Savannah can do:
  • Walks very well on her own now (almost running!)
  • stack blocks
  • puts stuff in her "purse" and carries it around (such a girl!)
  • feed herself (she knows how to use a fork, it just can get very messy very quickly)
  • takes one 2-3 hour nap a day
  • can throw a ball (I'm using the word 'throw' loosely.)
  • can point at my belly and clearly say "baby!"
  • sings some of "Twinkle Twinkle little star" with me
  • will walk to the bathroom and stand in front of the bath when I say it is bathtime
  • she LOVES to be outside. (she will grab my hand and walk me to the back door when she wants to go outside)
  • point to certain body parts as you name them
  • if you ask her what a lion says, she will "roar" (it is really cute)
  • she will help when I get her dressed (pull up her pants or try to put on her shoes)

Things Savannah can say:

  • bye and bye-bye (very enthusiastically these days)
  • nye-nye (night-night)
  • hello
  • hey (also very enthusiastically)
  • dog
  • book
  • wa-wa (water)
  • ju (juice
  • mil (milk)
  • by (bite)
  • i luh ooh (i love you)
  • mama and mommy
  • dada and daddy
  • ball
  • owhide (outside)
  • pree-e (pretty)
  • peas (please)
  • danku (thank you)
  • bath
  • baw (bear, at least that is what we think. She always points to her bear when she says this)
  • bow (like hair bow)
  • eye
  • nose
  • tee (teeth)
  • air (hair)
  • No (and she can use it in the right context, scary!)
  • Elmo (her grammy got her a tickle me Elmo for Christmas and she loves it)
  • choo-choo (for a train)
  • tactor (tractor)
  • diaper (and it actually sounds like how your supposed to say it!)
  • chee (cheese! she says that alot when playing with her toy camera)
  • baby
  • a ga (all gone)

As for other things that are happening with my sweet 18 month old, she is quite the picky eater. I may have mentioned this before and not much has changed. The only veggies she seems to like are green beans and she LOVES chicken fingers. She doesn't have a problem with fruit and really likes milk. `

Her stubbornness has really begun to show. She likes to test us by resisting when we tell her no and then throwing little tantrums. Savannah's tantrums consist of her poking out her lip and laying her self ever so gently on the floor face down. (she won't scream or kick or throw herself down..........yet.) I am waiting for the days when she will throw, what I like to call, a REAL tantrum. Besides her little moments, she is still a very happy baby. She is just as curious as ever and loves to explore.

As I am moving right along in my pregnancy, I am finding it a bit more difficult trying to keep up with her. By the end of the day you better believe I am pooped! I realize that I have not been working out like I should, but jeez, I am WORN OUT. I know I need to start at least walking again because that will help me in getting around a little better. Another thing that will help is MDO. Savannah will start that the 2nd week of June and go 2 days a week. I am looking forward to that little relief. Speaking earlier of the pregnancy, Thomas is moving around like crazy these days! It is really cool to be able to feel this tiny miracle moving around! Ahhh.......what a blessing!

Well, we are getting ready to head to northeast Georgia to enjoy the mountains. I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed weekend!

God Bless,

Emily

1 comment:

Amanda Mathis said...

Happy 18 month old Birthday!!!! I love reading about all of your accomplishments. You are just growing up so fast! You are going to make a wonderful big sister, I just know it.

Thanks mom for the updates :)