Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Centerpoint Mission Team in Peru

I really feel like God lead me to make this blog post. I am not sure exactly what I am going to say so, hang in there, it should be worth your while.
This past Sunday our church, during the 9AM service, said a prayer for a group of missionaries that are now on the ground in Lima, Peru. Included in this group are mostly youth, some adults and a sweet family that are dear to our hearts. I have always prayed for mission trips and the missionaries that go on them but there was something different about this time.
I have never been on a mission trip, my husband has and I have known other people that have, and always hear wonderful stories about them. I always hear about how the person that went had intentions of being a blessing for someone else and in turn God takes that blessing and magnifies so that the person serving gets blessed ten fold. I have always thought that was so cool. Our God is always with us, working in our hearts and He does not disappoint!
This group that is in Peru is special. They have a heart for serving and they love the Lord. This may sound very cliche but I just have a feeling something extraordinary is going to happen. I'm sure extraordinary things happen on mission trips all the time, but I feel like this is different.
For those of you that follow our blog, if you could take a few minutes and say a prayer with me for this mission team. I am praying that God will reveal Himself in every situation while the missionaries are there and God will fill the team with the Holy Spirit to spread God's love like never before so that those people who may not know Jesus, will really be able to see Him right there, before their very eyes.
This mission trip is a great reminder for me, that even though I am not actually on a trip with a team in another country, that the mission field is right here, every day. I need to constantly put on the armor of God (as mentioned in Ephesians 6) and be a missionary for my family, friends and community. We all do. Now I am not saying that lightly, because I know it can be difficult. We all get caught up in our day to day routines and may sometimes lose track of where we are heading. If we can just always have that mindset of being on a mission everyday and with prayer and thanksgiving, lift our lives up to the Lord, He will show us the way make us powerful missionaries of Him.
I thank God for missionaries. Not everyone has a heart for missions and for some, it may come easier than others. Please pray for our team and pray for other missionaries out there. People need to hear about Christ and it is through us believers that people can hear about Him.

Thank you and God Bless!

1 comment:

Amanda Mathis said...

Emily, I said a special prayer for the mission team. Wonderful post and thank you for sharing it!!!!!!