Friday, June 11, 2010

The Scoop

I have been trying to keep up our blog as often as I can, but looking back at past posts, I feel like I have been slacking. For all of our faithful followers out there, I really want you to enjoy what you are reading! So, here's the scoop as to what has been going on in the Lobenstein household.

We recently had a good friend of mine move in with us! Yep, you read correctly. My sweet friend Brandy is now our housemate. I know a lot of people out there probably think we are crazy. We already don't have the biggest house in the world, we have 2 dogs already, an 18 month old and hormonal pregger trying to get ready for a new little one due in September. (hmm...maybe we have lost it?) Did I mention that Brandy also has a dog? It is kind of a complicated story and I really don't think she would appreciate me throwing all of her business out there so I will just say this: We are glad to help and in a way she will be helping us. Yes, this did require some sacrifice, not only on our part, but hers as well. So far things are going well. (I guess it helps that I have lived with her before and know what to expect.) I have always been open to helping friends whenever they need us but you never know when someone will really need you. Aric and I both felt God tugging at hearts to help Brandy and I pray that all of us will be humbled and only grow stronger to the Lord because of this experience.

Savannah is definitely keeping me busy these days. I know I have probably mentioned that before, but WOW, I am worn out by days end and sometimes I just don't know what to do. Before we got pregnant with baby #2, we had discussed the possibility of having another child and we were both on the same page as far as wanting them close in age. It took me a couple of months to warm up to the idea and when I did, I was excited about the the possibility of having another baby and that Savannah would have a sibling so close in age to her. I did think about how it may be a little more difficult with two little ones and my time management skills would definitely be put to the test. That apparently didn't really sink in, however, until just a couple of weeks ago. I have been really overwhelmed lately. Thinking about how busy Savannah is now and how in the world I am going to handle her and a newborn. I am very thankful for MDO and having parents that live close by because those two things are going to be helping me out a lot here shortly. As overwhelmed as I get sometimes, I do not regret this decision to have more children. It is HUGE blessing. (even if I have to remind myself most days) I guess if I wasn't overwhelmed something would be wrong with me!
Speaking of being overwhelmed, my brain has been turned to mush also. For those of you on Facebook, you already know this but, Aric and I took Savannah to her "first"day of MDO this past Monday only to find out that it doesn't start until this Monday (June 14) I was SO embarrassed. Who does that? (Me, apprently) I can laugh about it now I just hope I get my brain back after Thomas is born.

On to more fun things, Savannah has started a month long class at the Prattville Y called Gym and Swim. It is 30 minutes of gym time, and 20 minutes of swim time with a 10 minute break in-between each session so you can get ready for swim after gym. Let me just say that Savannah loves it! The gym time is for infants and toddlers who are walking to help develop motor skills, hand eye coordination, etc. We practice jumping, forward rolls, crawling through, over and under certain obstacles, balance beam time and running then jumping on to something. Of course all of these things are done with assistance by the parent and gym instructor, who is very good with the little ones. I have participated with Savannah during the gym time and then Aric will come to the Y in time for the swimming portion. The swimming portion is not so much lessons as it is getting your child acclimated with the water. There are 4 or 5 teen lifeguards in the water with the parents and children and they are wonderful! They are so good with the kids and make the swim time a lot of fun, even singing is involved! Savannah does very well in the water with Aric. She will even let him dunk her underwater! The classes are every Tuesday and Thursday in the month of June. I wish every YMCA did this because it is a great way to bond with your child and get them used to new and fun things.

We have started on the nursery for Thomas. There really isn't that much left to do but paint. We have primed the walls and all mud work has been done. All there is to do is get the furniture and bedding set up and we can call it good. We are going to keep his nursery a little bit more simple than Savannah's. Not that we don't care about this one as much, but with it being a boy we figured we didn't need to go as fancy, plus we are keeping in mind selling the house soon and want future buyers to picture themselves here.

Savannah had her follow up appointment for her tubes surgery yesterday in Bham. It was a very uneventful visit but good nonetheless. Her ears look beautiful, according to the doctor and she has had no problems! I was one happy mommy leaving the doctor yesterday. We decided to celebrate and took a quick trip to the galleria. It was all good until I realized I didn't have the stoller. Savannah held my hand the whole time and did well, for the most part. A few stores later, she started getting a little fussy and I had what I needed so we decided to head home.

The weekend is now here and it is another busy one, clean house, birthday party, visit with friends, go to church, kickball (yes, Aric joined a kickball league) then come home and try and enjoy some family. I will try and do better a posting 'real' updates. Things happen, then so much has happened that when it is time to blog, I don't know what to blog about besides random stuff.

Have a safe and wonderful weekend and I will be reporting back Monday about Savannah's first really day of MDO. Yes, I am sure that this Monday is the first day. I double checked! :)

1 comment:

The Brooks Bunch said...

I just love your blog Emily! Thanks for keeping it 'real'!