Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A little over halfway there!

Today I am exactly 21 weeks pregnant. Baby Thomas is about the length of a carrot and weighs about three-quarters of a pound. I have really been feeling him move around lately. It started as quick little flutters and within days, it was all out kicks and punches! It is still so neat to feel this tiny little miracle moving inside of me. I actually thought that the second time around may not be as exciting. Boy was I wrong! It is just as exciting as the first time. I have already been uncomfortable at times. I do realize that I am bigger than I was last time and I have not been exercising like I should, but sometimes, I already feel like I am 7 or 8 months along. I know what your thinking, "Emily, you must be huge!" I wouldn't say that yet, but it is difficult to go to sleep at night due to the growing belly and I tire easily if I am on my feet for an extended amount of time. I think it just goes along with the saying that I have heard from other women with multiple children, "every pregnancy is different." I couldn't agree more with that statement. In addition to my comfort level already going down the drain, I have been very clumsy this time around. For those that know me well, I am already a pretty clumsy person, but when you are preggers, it seems to be magnified times 10!
Here is a little story:
This past weekend I was at a friends house and we were getting ready to run to Target. My friend and her little boy were going to ride with me so as my friend goes to get her carseat to put in my vehicle, I am getting ready to put Savannah in her car seat. My hands were full and I desperately wanted to put down my 22 pound toddler as quickly as possible. I reach the truck, open the door, set Savannah in her carseat (not buckled in just yet) so I could go ahead and put my other stuff down and then I would buckle her in. Little did I remember I had parked on the curb where it drains to the sewer. (you know what I am talking about. This part of the curb slants down so that excess water can drain down and not flood the streets) As I got ready to step down off the curb so I could get in closer to buckle Savannah in, I forgot the curb was NOT flat but stepped down as if it was and totally fell on the side of my foot. OUCH! I'll spare all the gross details but my sweet friend that was with me, immediately rushed over because Savannah started crying because she couldn't see me anymore, and came to my rescue. Nothing broke but maybe a slight sprain of my foot. Thank the Lord it is getting better every day. I can walk on it but it just a little sore still.
Moral of the story:
Be EXTRA careful when you are preggers and pay attention to where you are parked. :)

The main reason I wanted to blog today was to express my excitement that we are over halfway to meeting my son, Thomas. Time goes by fast and I am cherishing every moment!

Emily

2 comments:

Amanda Mathis said...

Be careful honey!! I am so excited for y'all and can't wait to meet baby Thomas either! And please don't forget, i really am just right around the corner if you ever need anything. I think you have my number, but if not I can give it to you. Love you girl and please be careful :)

Christy Logan said...

Goodness girl, be careful! I didn't realize we are so close together. I'm 24 weeks now and I have noticed lately I'm a little clumsy myself. Good luck with everything!