Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mother's Day Out UPDATE

We have finally decided on a MDO program. We will be starting Savannah in a summer program at Trinity Presbyterian Church. We looked at 4 places total and Trinity was the last we looked at. I was starting to get very overwhelmed, because for me, it was an information overload. Every place had different things about it, that we liked and didn't like. We also were trying to keep in mind not only what we liked, but what we felt would be best for Savannah. We really had a lot of discussion and prayer about this and we feel this is where we are supposed to put her. We decided that we would do two days a week. Trinity's summer program offers, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so we are going to do Monday, Wednesday. Not only did we like the people there, but we were very impressed with the curriculum. I know Savannah is only 16 almost 17 months old but, if she can get a head start on being in an environment where they are always learning and teaching, then I think she will come to enjoy it.
MDO is new for me and honestly I am a little nervous. I really do believe it is MUCH needed for me, but I am also so used to having Savannah to myself. I don't mean to sound selfish, but when you have been at home with your baby for 16 months and then she starts "school" 2 days a week for a few hours, I kind of think to myself, "what am I going to do next?!" and "how is she going to do?" I guess I am having typical mommy worries. The good thing is, Aric totally 100% supports me and this decision. Encouragement from him always makes me feel better.
Savannah will start the first week in June. I am getting butterflies just thinking about it.

Have a great day and God Bless!

Emily

1 comment:

Amanda Mathis said...

Yay!!! It is a big change, but you all are going to become to love it so much you are going to wonder how you made it before! I am super excited for all of you! Please keep us posted.