Monday, April 12, 2010

Savannah's Issues

These past few days have been rough for us. Savannah finished her Augmentin and I was thrilled because her ears did not seem to be bothering her, until that night. She hasn't even been off the antibiotic for a week now and she is already waking up during the night again. Luckily, today was her follow up appointment to the doctor for her ears and my worst fears came true. They were not better. Her left ear was red and irritated and her right ear, which has been the worst, was still pretty bad. :(
The doctor prescribed another antibiotic for her to take for a week and then we will go back next Wednesday for another follow up. If there is no progress then, the doctor suggested that we go see an ENT. I know there are worse things than this but it still hard when it is your child. On top of her ear issues, Savannah has several teeth coming in, some of which include molars. She has been extra fussy because of that and I am about on my wits end. On top of THAT, she broke out in a rash Friday and had it all weekend. Took her to the doctor Saturday afternoon and he said it was just some sort of allergic reaction to something. I haven't given her anything new so I didn't understand that. He prescribed some steriods and we are to give her that for 4 days. The rash seems to be clearing up, Thank you Lord. The doctor she saw this weekend is not my favorite doctor of the group. The doctor that saw her today I love. She said the rash was most likely caused by something viral. I despise viral illnesses because you usually just have to wait those out and it is so hard when you have a little one. So, with her ears, the rash and teeth coming in, it really has been hard these past few days. I feel like we are doing everything we can to comfort Savannah, but sometimes nothing seems to soothe her. Our patience has really been put the test and honestly, I don't know how well we are doing. (SIGH)

I need to start fixing dinner and finish up some laundry. Have a good evening everyone.

Emily

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

1 comment:

Amanda Mathis said...

Hang in there friend! All you can do is all you can do, if you know what I mean. I hope Savannah starts feeling better soon for everyone's sake :) Love you!