Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Aric's Surgery

As most of you know, Aric had double hernia surgery today. The surgery went very well and I am so glad. For awhile Aric has been putting this off because it was never the right time. He was actually going to reschedule today's surgery but I said, if he doesn't do it now, there will never be a right time. Once the surgery was done the doctor spoke to me and said, Aric DEFINITELY needed this surgery. I was SO GLAD he didn't reschedule. His hernias haven't been bothering him which is good, but you never know when they will flare up again. I am so thankful to the people that helped out, specifically, I have to point out Aric's parents. His dad came to the surgery center and waited with me and Savannah. It was so nice to have him there because once I could go back and see Aric, his dad stayed up front with Savannah. Savannah actually did very well in the waiting room while we were there. I made sure I was stocked up on all the "necessities" and she was just as happy as she could be. Back to being thankful, thanks to all the people that have been praying!! So far, his recovery has been AWESOME!! We even went out for about a half mile walk earlier this afternoon. Aric is moving around very well. I'm sure the pain meds are working wonders. I am making sure he is getting those every 4 hours on the dot! (sometimes sooner!)
I just hope the rest of the recovery goes this smoothly. I absolutely don't mind being a nurse, but I hate seeing my husband in pain. Aric is planning on going back to work on Monday but he may even go back Friday depending on how he feels. We shall see!!

Have a wonderful evening and God bless.

Love,
Emily

No comments: