Friday, March 26, 2010

Fun stuff with my sweet baby girl

Here lately, it seems as if Savannah has really "blossomed". It seems like we are constantly teaching her and teaching her and wondering, "will she ever get it?" Savannah has always been so observant. I knew one of these days she would just start doing fun stuff and we would just stand back in awe.
Some of the fun stuff she has started doing/saying that is so cute is, "thank you". She says it all the time now! Sometimes the context is not right but it is cute anyway. If she sneezes and you say "bless you" she will say "thank you". She loves to hand her toys off to people and say "thank you". I was doing laundry earlier and as I was folding the clothes from the dryer, she found me and started handing me the clothes from the dryer and saying "thank you." I hope this is just the beginning of good manners. :)
Another fun thing she does now is try to put on her shoes. She hasn't quite got it down yet but she sure does try hard. I can hardly put her shoes on her without her trying to reach for them and put them on herself. One thing she does know how to do pretty good is get undressed. I have caught her several times in her crib with her pants off and, you won't believe this, but her shirt off too! She is so silly!
She loves people. When we get out and about, she will say "hi" and "bye" to everyone! All with a huge grin on her face and her little hand just a waving. She will also let you know when she is ready to go by quickly waving her hand and saying "bye-bye".
One of my favorite things she has done lately is give kisses. She can blow kisses and give real kisses. When she blows kisses, she really gets into it by holding her hand to her mouth going, "mmmmm" and then she moves her hand away and goes, "mah" really loud! (if you can imagine any of that) It is really sweet. When she gives a real kiss, she will seal her lips together, lean in to you and make the same, "mmmmmmah" sound. The cool thing is, sometimes she does it when you ask her for a kiss, but a lot of the times she will just walk/crawl over to you and just give you a kiss. :)
Bath time has been really fun lately. She has figured out how to blow bubbles if she puts her face in the water. (thanks to her daddy!) She is not the least bit afraid and will giggle after she does it.
These are just a few of the fun stuff she has done lately. I'm sure this is more but I really need to finish the laundry. (with Savannah's help too) :)
I hope all of my friends with little ones are having as much fun as we are. Sure there are days that are hard but when they start doing all of this fun stuff, it is SO worth it.

God Bless,
Emily

2 comments:

The Brooks Bunch said...

It really is a fun time in their development. Sydney has learned to say "Love you" and it is the sweetest thing ever!! She does weird things like have one shoe and sock on and then one sock as a mitten on her hand and a shoe on with no sock. I find the whimsy so much fun. I prefer this stage over infancy any day!

Amanda Mathis said...

I second all of that! Allie is starting to blossom herself and it is just so much fun!!!