Thursday, March 4, 2010

Seaside Half-Marathon and 5k Race...

is this weekend! Eek!! At the beginning of the year, Aric set up a training schedule for me so I would be ready for this 5k race in March. I stuck to it for a couple of weeks then we found out we were going to have another baby and well, I slacked off, ALOT. First it was an upper respiratory infection, then morning sickness like you wouldn't believe, then the stomach flu and here we are, only days away from the race and I am NOT ready. I am very much a rookie when it comes to 5k races. I have only been in one other race, in Daphne, AL, when I went to visit my sister a few years ago. I did no training for that at all. I didn't even know I was going to race until the day of! I finished last in my age group of course, but had a good time! I am going to try and make it to the YMCA today and do some run/walking on the treadmill. My doctor said I am fine to race, but to stay comfortable and not push myself. I am not looking forward to finishing last but, I signed up for this race before we got pregnant and I intend to participate and at least finish! :)
Aric on the other hand is going a little bit further than me and doing the half-marathon. He ran the Hyundai half in October and finished better than he thought he would. Seeing as this course is going to be a lot flatter, I think he is going to do just fine.
We will be going to Seaside, FL with some sweet friends of ours, Will and Jennifer Barrett. They are brining their son Caleb and we will be bringing Savannah. Besides the race, I am really excited to be going down to the Gulf and enjoying a little R&R. It is supposed to be beautiful weather and that makes it even better.
Please say a short prayer for us as we travel and on race day. (by the way, race day will be on Sunday at 7AM)

God bless and enjoy this beautiful weather these next few days!!!

Emily

No comments: