Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Savannah's 15 month check-up (a few weeks late)

Hello everyone! These past few weeks have been crazy. Shortly after finding out we were pregnant, I really struggled with morning sickness and fatigue. I didn't want to do anything! Once that started to subside, I got a stomach virus which later sent me to the hospital because I got so dehydrated. Aric then got the stomach virus and we were both sick. Thank God for my parents being in town! They were able to watch Savannah for two nights and that helped us out, ALOT. Sad thing is, about a week later my parents got the stomach virus. :(
It always seems like it is one thing after another and it is exhausting!
I am going to back up just a little, when I first got the stomach virus, before Aric got it and before I had to go to the hospital, it was time for Savannah's 15 month check-up. I was totally bummed that I couldn't go because I have been to every appointment since she has been born. My sweet husband not only had been taking care of me (he had to take off work to do this) but at the last minute (a few hours before) I remembered her appointment and he had to rush her there so that he wouldn't be late!
Since I wasn't able to go to the appointment, this is going to be a very brief update.
Savannah's 15 month stats:
-29" inches long
-20 lbs 13 oz
-Head 48 cm
I was a little worried about her numbers because her percentiles went down. At her 12 month check up she seemed to be in the 20th percentile or so for height and weight. She is now in the 5th to 1oth percentile for height and weight. Now, it is no mystery that Aric and I are not tall people. Aric said the doctor did not seemed concerned about her height and weight so that was a little relief. She is just going to be a pretty, petite, little girl/young lady/woman. I am just thankful that she has a clean bill of health and developmentally she seems to be doing well. She is still NOT walking, for those of you who are wondering. She can stand by herself and take steps here and there but not enough to be considered walking. Her vocabulary has really expanded these past few months. Here is a list of words she can say:
"thank you"
"nye-nye" (night night)
"bye-bye"
"dog"
"milk"
"teeth"
"bath"
"eye"
"nose"
"please"
"nana" (banana)
"bite" (when she is hungry)
"dada"
"mama"
"bear"
"car"
"juice"
There are other small here and there if we say them to her, she can somewhat repeat them back. Savannah still plays very well by herself. I try to get her around other kids when I can with playgroups and church. From what I can tell she plays with other kids well. She is very observant. Before she steps in with another child, she will watch them closely to see what/how they are doing things and then she will play. I find it very cute. Napping is no problem with Savannah. She can still take up to 2 naps a day, both about an hour long, sometimes longer, if you can believe that!
Now, for the not so fun stuff. Savannah's stubborn personality has really come out. We have really had our patience tested with this. When it is dinner time she can get very demanding and whiny. I usually try go ahead and cook dinner before I know she will be starving but sometimes my timing is a little off. So, she will get fussy when hungry, I guess that is normal for babies. Her diet however is more interesting. My poor, pitiful starving child is such a picky eater!! I have really started to worry about what she will/will not eat. For breakfast, I give her instant oatmeal and a fruit cup, milk to drink. (sometimes juice) For lunch, it is usually a sandwich of some kind, pb & J, turkey and cheese with fruit or crackers. For a snack, it is teddy grahams or yogurt. Then for dinner, it is a mix between chicken nuggets, mac n cheese and a vegetable. She likes green beans and carrots. Then for dessert she gets a fruit cup. The foods I just listed are what she eats a majority of the time. I try and give her what Aric and I eat but 99% of the time she will not eat it. I noticed on Savannah's well child instruction sheet, the doctor circled Poly-Vi-Sol and Vi-Daylin. Hopefully, with these vitamin supplements she will get all the nutrients she needs.

When I think of this 15 month check up, it blows my mind. I can't believe my baby is 15 months old! Has it really been 15 months?

Time flies when your having fun!!

God Bless,
Emily

No comments: