Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March Prenatal Visit

Today was my monthly prenatal checkup to see how things were going. For all of you mommy's who have been through this before, these visits are very short and sweet in the beginning, assuming everything is allright. Blood pressure was good, 119/60. All my lab work from the previous visit came back fine. We got to listen to the baby's heartbeat! That is always my favorite part of these visits. The heartbeat was 140. I don't know why, but this was surprising. When I was 15/16 weeks with Savannah, her heartrate was 160, so I guess I was expecting it to be higher this go round. The old wives tale is, a slower heartbeat means the baby could be a boy. I am not a believer in the wives tales but, sometimes I can't help but wonder. My weight was good which was a huge relief! I won't post those numbers but I really feel like I have blown up this past week and was sure that I probably gained at least 5 or 6 pounds. I only gained two.
Overall it was a great visit and I can't wait until next month when we find out what the baby will be!

God Bless,
Emily

No comments: